Powered by Blogger.

Browser Compatibility Testing

For the past few days, Mubeen and Srikanth were busy in taking  the screen shots of their app and doing the functionality testing in all the popular browsers.
Everyday I hear Mubeen screaming "My eyes are burning like anything". Why the hell we have so many browsers in usage!! And If I am made a Queen, I would definitely see an end to all the browsers and bring a rule to use only a single browser.

As I too belong to the same fraternity, I completely  agree to her point and stand by her statements. :-) Some times, I too feel why Is there a  so much difference in the  look and feel  of the application and why it behaves differently in different browsers.  Doing the same repetitive Job/Task in  all browsers. What a Pain..!  I do remember another example which was like..sometime  back Ryan got an email asking compatibility of our Web application in older version of Internet Explorer(IE6) and with the deadline of  2 days.
We do not have any answer readily available as we had already upgraded to IE8 and IE 6 was under the trash as we were not using it anymore. And Gosh!! How is it possible to test app in 2 days.. :-(

If we have any tools, procedures methods readily available to automate these task would be great.

Ask Google - Googled and found few useful articles on Browser Compatibility Testing. 
I liked the below two articles describing all the available tools, hope you too like these articles
Links:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP